Monday, August 30, 2010

Pebbles Tossed into My Pond

Today was the first day of school at the montessory. There were TONS of new parents, all waiting around the front desk, their cars clogging up the parking lot, waiting to sign in, pay, or enroll. Walking into Alana's classroom, I saw that their old bookcase had been replaced, and her cubby had been moved. The sign in sheet was prepopulated with names (no more writing in the wrong name in my hurry!). No one was there yet, or rather, no teacher was in yet (the kids were in another classroom, I presume). No matter - we usually started her in Caden's classroom anyways. In Caden's classroom, the sign in sheet was the same prepopulated one. The cubby was still where it used to be. There were 2 new kids, 2 pre-existing kids, and then our 2. The teacher was the same, but not the primary one that we love so much. I hope she eventually returns from her supposed extra month in Sri Lanka. She still has not returned my email, and I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone about updates on her status. *sigh* We'll see.

These little changes make me think about the big changes we'll have, as soon as next year, when Caden's next 1st Day of School will be his First Day of Kindergarten! Yikes! How time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment